Zagreb, 10000, Mlinarska 35
YEAR OF CONSTRUCTION
The plans was made in 1959, and the building was built by 1961 as a pavilion-type school without a sports hall. In the reconstruction of the existing building, the entire courtyard wing is removed to establish a functional connection between the reconstructed part of the school and the extension and to expand the entrance hall into a functional unit with a multipurpose space. The southern corridor wing is connected via a skylight with a new wing in which there are three classrooms. On the western facade, the corridor tract is expanded on the ground floor for construction reasons and is connected via the existing corridor into a series of spaces that will meet the lack of cabinets in their purpose. The connection is made via the ground floor corridor wing by removing the parapet. The northern wing is adapted by adaptation to the new purpose of the rooms. The boiler room is ejected and the position of the kitchen and dining room is moved closer to the entrance hall. The entire kitchen is reconstructed, and the equipment is renewed and supplemented. The boiler room space is moved to the extension. The northern end of the building is adapted into an evacuation staircase. The polished Venetian floor of the ground floor, as well as the existing pillars of the entrance hall made of black terrazzo, have been preserved, and the corridor parts of the ground floor have been replaced, while they have been retained on the floor.